Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Home, My Life, My Hood


Matunga, Mumbai, India.......Thats where i've lived most of my highly imaginative and satisfactory life.......
Home, Sweet Home is a commonly used phrase around our once green planet.....
But when it comes to me, its bigger than that........
Its just not Home, Sweet Home for me.....its more like Home, Great Home, or Home, Amazing Home, or maybe even Home, Life Home............you know.....
Where ever i may roam, where ever i may have gone, where ever i may have lived....theres a huge void within me........
I don't know what it is....is it the soul of my home, the aura that surrounds it or the the spiritual presence it has in my heart......
I've realized it countless number of times, every time i have gone out for vacations, away from my home, theres a big emptiness that slowly, steadily and surely creeps in.......
Each passing minute, each passing hour, each passing day, in fact each passing instant only emboldens that feeling within me....its like every instant ignites an already burning desire to get back home.......back to where i love it the most, back to my roots, back to where i live.........
Every time i m away from my place of solace it only reminds me how much i love this place, how much i hate being away from it......
Its like god to me......provides shelter to me, keeps me safe.......helps me be comfortable and has no expectations..........
keeps me warm and cozy in winter, cools me down when me and the temperature flare up........ [:D], provides me cover when its raining cats and dogs........
In fact its hard to imagine a life without her.......by her i mean "The Mother, The Home".........
The entire time that i am away from her...it feels like a small piece of my soul is disintegrating from me, it hurts, its painful, but circumstances cant be avoided when u simply have to leave her albeit for a short while....in hindi we say "Dil par patthar rakhke" literally it translates to "by keeping a rock on our heart", but figuratively speaking it means "doing something so painful its hard to comprehend".......
Theres a feeling in my heart which cant be transliterated into words of this language anyway, that simply pushes me, commands me, hell even throws me into a spiral that makes me go back to my home.....
There an airy restlessness each passing day, which finally nears to the end of my emotional turmoil ie that nears the end of my so called "fun-filled" vacation.....
Its not fun filled without her, and it will never be.......
Each day that passes only reminds me how much i take her for granted, how i never think of pain that fills me when i am away from her.......
So each pain filled moment passes, transforming itself into "The Day", The Day when i head back to the place from where i had head to this place.........back home, back to my spiritual nirvana, back to my karma so to speak........
It heightens the reckless feeling in me, i cant sleep, i cant think rationally for a second, i cant wait to reach home.........
The day when i set out to go back home, i m like a kid thats lost, but knows wheres he's heading, he doesn't know how to go to the place he has his sights set to, but still sets out, challenges himself, overcomes those challenges and reaches to the "Final Destination" someway or the other.........
It doesnt matter how you reach teh place, only things that matters is that you've reached the place you love so much.......
And when, after a while, you reach to that place, theres a rush of blood to your brain and you begin to think rationally, you begin to see the colour in this world, your sights get focussed again after a time span of dazed vision.......
And you feel "Why on earth did i even leave this place??"
Thats exactly the reason that you leave this place in the first place.....
You leave this place to truly understand what you feel about it, how you'd survive without it.......
You leave this place so as to ask yourself, "Why on earth did i leave this place??".
When you are back home, your daily routine begins, as if nothing had happened, in fact you have been molded back together, you might not know it consciously but deep within you have been remade, remade by a force that is inexplicable, that is divine, and a force that you cannot live without............
In every sense of the word "Home, Sweet Home" sums up all the bitter sorrow that engulfes us when we are away from it and then when we come back, filles us with all the sweet happiness that not only negates all the sorrow but surpasses it.......
There no place on heaven or hell that would make me leave my home.........
Theres no better place i'd rather live in than my home.......
I Love You.........
I cant live without you...........

until next time, this is nuspeed adoring his so called "four walls"........
adios and take care of yaselves and your home.........
chaooooo........


aww!! | NuSpeeD

2 comments:

mrudula said...

The post "my home, my life, my hood" has really made me emotional...and I remembered the days..When I ve been to banglore with my parents. During that vacation i literally cried for one whole day, as I was missing my home...and its environment. I appreciate this article because such small pretty things will mean a lot in our lives and emotions...and it has been focused to make us realize how important they are to live a comfortable life

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments.... :)