Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scholastic Nostalgia........

Today i went to my once school to collect my passing certificate (:S i know, i know...)
I had gone at 9:00 as i remembered that my school office opened at about that time, but once i got there, i learnt that the secondary office ma'am had not yet come, so the receptionist told me to come back at 10:30 am. Dejected, i went about my other errands that i was supposed to complete and i made it just about 10:30 am, so i was allowed to go up....

As i started to ascend on the flight of stairs i was greeted by this massive message board which read "I am born for greater things...", flashes of my school days started to blink in my eyes, i was taken aback by this feeling! It was nothing i had ever felt before,i was surprised but delighted to be back, as i was going up , i remembered how we used to play "pakada-pakadi" during lunch break on that very stairs!!
I had a smile on my face!!!

As i made my way to the secondary office, i was greeted by Ranjan (that's right i still remembered his name!!) - our stud peon :P - He asked me what i wanted, reluctantly and with a innocent smile i said i wanted my passing certificate and said i was from the 2002/03 batch..... He looked at me said "Wait,I'll get the file!", in my mind i thought this was faar too easy....
He then brought a big file with text bearing "2002 - 2003", he asked my name and started searching, once he got the certificate he started counting something with his fingers, he said "You are soo late, u'll have to pay the late fee!", i thot "thats it, there's the catch...."
He said you'll have to give Rs 5000, i was like "whoa! whao! what!!" seeing my red face, he started bursting in the most sly laughter! I then realised he was playing tricks!!!
But he said "Because its you i'm leaving, i'll be taking late from your other friends!!"

Once that was over, i decided to take a quick tour of my school, and my my has it changed!!
And the ground looked soo footballable!! lol! Green grass just like a Wimbledon grass court!!!
Then a certain nostalgia feeling crept-in and i could feel my heart becoming heavy and my eyes becoming moist with tears... The feeling was too over-whelming and i had to sit down for a while at the church steps to gather myself....
After about 15 mins, i got up said a goobye and promised i'll vist more often and left, after a quick visit to our beautiful church!!

I realised how much i loved my school and ohh how i longed to be there, i'd give anything to be back in school!! :)

Ad majora Natus sum

Take good care of yourselves......
cyaa......adios......
chaooo.....


aww!!! | NuSpeeD

No comments: